Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Leaving on a jet plane...........


I am getting ready to fly out early morning Thursday to surprise my Mom and Dad on their 60th wedding anniversary.  It will also be my Mom's 81st birthday.

My sister the Doctor helped by sending me plane tickets!  I am very blessed by this. 

Bri is very excited about going as she hasn't seen Grammy and Pop since 2010.  Boy are they in for a surprise.  She isn't the cute little five year old they remember.  LOL  She is a BIG kid now.

We spent a wonderful Easter together as I have taken April 20th thru April 29th off. 

Rooster went to church with us.  (yes, that is a HUGE blessing)  We had a nice lunch and spent the day walking around in stores that were open.  We both got a nice cuppa at Barnes & Nobles.  Their English Breakfast tea is wonderful. 

I also re-read "one thousand gifts" by Ann Voskamp.  If you haven't read it, it is very good.  I am planning to make a journal to write my gifts in when I get back.

I am really into essential oils right now.  I got some to scent my homemade cleaning supplies and homemade laundry soap.  But I am using them to scent the air and make wonderful bath salt for the tub.



Here is a recipe:

4 lbs bag of Epsom Salt

Pour bag of Salt into a clean bucket with a lid.  Sprinkle EO of choice over the Salt. 

I use 15 drops of Rosemary and 15 drops of Spearmint.  It is really nice to soak in after a long day of standing on my feet. 

Put the lid on tight and shake well.  Leave for two or three days and shake again.  I use 1/4 cup in a tub. 

Rosemary and Lavender is a really good mix.  So is Rose Geranium and Lavender.  This helps me sleep.  I put this combo on a cotton ball in a cup next to my bed.

Found a really great Health Food store near where I live.  I got a wine bottle full of sunflower oil for about 10.00.  I use it for under my eyes and also for oil pulling.  I also bought Mrs. Meyer's cleaning product in Bluebell.  It smells wonderful.  I also bought a nice soapless gel to wash my face.  It is NutriBiotic's Skin Cleanser.  It has grapefruit seed extract in it.  Has a nice fruity smell without being overpowering.  There is a farm market in the plaza that the store is in every Saturday.  I can't go as often as I would like as I am working.  But I plan to take one Saturday off a month to go.

God Bless and have a wonderful day.

Love, MrsRooster







1 comment:

  1. It's good to hear from you. Glad you get to fly out to surprise the folks.

    ReplyDelete