Sunday, August 4, 2013

Happy Anniversary to us!!



Rooster and I married 16 years ago today.  August 4, 1997.  It was a very hot day.  The ride to the Courthouse was tense.  I have never seen Rooster nervous.  We eloped that Monday morning.  A mutual friend and my sister showed up to witness.  I didn't expect to see my parents.  They did not care to be at our wedding.  I could not wait to take his name.  I was crying while he said his vows.  He said "his unlawfully bedded wife".  The judge had to take a minute to compose himself. 

We have had our ups and downs.  But I am so blessed to have such a wonderful husband.  He is my best friend and my hero.  I thank God every day for this wonderful gift.

People ask us what our secret is.  It isn't a secret.  We made those vows and intend to keep them. 

God Bless and have a wonderful day.

3 comments:

  1. Our anniversary is also August 4th, but 1979. :). How are you! It has been awhile, my crocheting friend. Lol

    ReplyDelete